Welcome to the back to school edition of Links and Lattes. Let’s get started!
As August has arrived, teachers start ‘nesting.’ Facebook fills with pictures of polished classrooms, inspirational poems appear in emails, everyone generally gets excited. That momentum naturally carries over to everything TpT, especially here at the Language Arts Classroom.
The annual Secondary Back to School Giveaway is live! Check it out – and enter to win over $700 worth of prizes. (I still cannot believe that number!) TpT Secondary is ready for the school year.
Next, TpT’s back to school sale will be this week, August 3-4. Most stores will set their discounts at 20% off, and if you use the promo code BTS15, you will get an additional 10% off.
My shopping cart is already brimming full, and I know I’m not done shopping yet. Have you started?
Finally, teacher have brainstormed about the upcoming school year on their blogs as well:
1. Faulkner’s Fast Five compiled posts of secondary classroom decor for inspiration.
2. Ms. F’s Teaching Adventures created a list of “Tips and Tricks for First Year High School English Teachers.”
3. The Literary Maven devoted a blog post to creating a classroom library.
4. The Cornerstone built a massive list titled, “6 ways to teach growth mindset from day one of school.”
5. Stephanie’s History Store covers exit tickets… which I’ve never used, but am thinking I should.
…and even though I love the diversity I see every week, since this post is dedicated to everything back to school, show off your back to school products! Link up a back to school product (August, September, teacher binders, lesson planners, and on). Spread the secondary love, and we’ll start the 2015-2016 school year off right.