As I tweak and create products for Teachers Pay Teachers, I’ve developed a pattern. I’ve created folders on my computer so I can grab and modify quickly. For my Teachers Pay Teachers product creation, I have found my groove. For new sellers, you will find yours too! I don’t believe two sellers follow the exact same pattern, but I can tell you what works for me. Add and tweak to make it work for you.
My TpT product creation – a typical pattern –
- Recall ideas that could belong together, that I’ve taught over a ton of classes, in a bunch of different ways.
- Get all said paperwork together.
- Type old teacher notes, old tests and activities and (too often) realize that I have three activities that are almost the same.
- Decide that some task cards, or a new activity, or another little-something will make this unit complete.
- Fix all the ideas and create a few new additions, only to realize that I now have a perfect, polished product?
Sellers – am I the only one? I know it is cliche, but my products that I use in the classroom are better because of TpT. (Or am I the only one with a process like this?!)